Ian Parsons

Ian Parsons

Postby IanS-774x4 » 22 Jun 2017 09:42

Following on the recent very sad news that Ian Parsons passed away the funeral details are now below.

I thought it appropriate to mention a little about him.

Ian served on the committee as a former Greenlanes Officer and has been a continued member of the club and the 4x4 Response team for many years. He was a very highly respected person.

Many will remember Ian for his quick wit, humour (usually at other peoples expense) and comical dress code on Greenlane trips, frequently turning up in shorts no matter what time of year. Ian became a little less active in the club over recent years and remained focused on time with his son Arthur.

Ian was a true gent and always managed to get a smile and laughter from all those around him.

For those in the Greenlane community will no doubt recall that he helped inspire many new leaders including myself and also set the measure for digital technology for map routes. Many of Ian's original map routes are now in circulation across several other clubs in the area. His inspiration will live on in many ways.

For myself and many others Ian was a great friend and became a recognised name in the Landrover scene, always willing to help and nothing was to much bother, it is without any doubt a very sad loss for a genuine lovable guy to be taken so soon.

The funeral will take place at the Bury Crematorium which is known as the West Suffolk Crematorium, IP28 6RR, and then afterwards at The Boot, 18 Brinkley Road, Dullingham, CB8 9UW.

I will be there as will many others from the club.

Our thoughts are with Ian's family at this sad time.
Attachments
Ian P.jpg
Ian Stewart

07768 252573
IanS-774x4

BHC Membership Number: 774
Current Vehicles: Discovery 300 TDi ES Auto (1998) Peach, Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X Sport (2013) Grey-hawk :-)

Return to News