Annual General Meeting and Committee Positions

Annual General Meeting and Committee Positions

Postby Laurie Holdcroft 648 » 13 Oct 2014 19:06

Dear all,

Further to my announcement at the last club night, I just wanted to remind you that the Club's Annual General Meeting is being held at the White Horse in Southill on Thursday 6th November at 8pm. Over the next day or two, you will be receiving the Notice of AGM and supporting papers, and we hope to see you there on the night.

As regards the Club Committee, I should explain that all posts are open for election, but at the moment, the following members have indicated that they are stepping down at the AGM, and as most of you know already, Griff has already stepped down as Chairman (hence this message from me!!):-

Chairman - Steve Griffiths;
Greenlanes - vacant;
Communications/Four Play - Mike Chapman;
Social Officer - Paul Vernon; and
4x4 Response - Keith Parkinson.

Don't forget, the Club really needs a committee to keep on going, and if anyone wants to give it a go, or even share one of the positions above with somebody else, then send me a nomination form to the address you'll find in your AGM pack. It's quite fun managing the club events, and meeting once a month at the Committee meetings to discuss the Club's operations, etc. The worst scenario is that nobody will take on the positions on the Committee (other than those people like me, Jason, Terry and Heather who intend to stand again) and the Club closing down due to lack of member support. I have been a member of this club for a number of years, and I've enjoyed some great times doing the things I love to do with my Land Rover, and mixing with people within the club who like to do the same sort of things. Let's all pull together to help the club survive and to build it up again to what it used to be.

If anybody wants to send me a message or ask any questions, please drop me a line either on the Forum or privately on 'secretary@bhclrc.co.uk'

I look forward to seeing you all at the AGM on 6th November.

Laurie Holdcroft
Club Secretary
Laurie Holdcroft 648

BHC Membership Number: 648
Current Vehicles: Defender 90 300Tdi

Return to News